The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes over 30 member food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England (Click here to view map). Together, our members co-ops are locally owned by more than 90,000 people, have shared revenues of over $255 million, and employ 1,700 people.
Our Massachusetts members include 6 food co-ops and 5 start-ups, locally owned by more than 11,500 people, and operating 7 storefronts. In 2013 alone, more that 1,300 people joined these member food co-ops, demonstrating consumer interest in healthy food and support of co-operative business. Together, these co-ops employed more than 300 people and generated $33 million in revenue in 2013.
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below.
- Amherst Community Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Assabet Village Co-op Market, Maynard (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Communty Food Co-op, Dorchester (Start-Up)
- Green Fields Co-op Market, Greenfield (Franklin Community Co-op)
- Harvest Co-op Markets, Cambridge
- Harvest Co-op Markets, Jamaica Plain
- Holyoke Community Co-op Market, Holyoke (Start-Up)
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market, Shelburne Falls (Franklin Community Co-op)
- Merrimack Valley Food Co-op, Lawrence (Start-Up)
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op Market, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown